Another award for Birse Civils North East Gainsborough Flood Alleviation Scheme
22 Jul 2011
The collaborative approach from the project team to develop and deliver an innovative
and sustainable solution to strengthen existing flood defences at Gainsborough,
Lincolnshire has now won the EA Project Excellence Award.
The £16 million project which started in 2006 and was delivered in two phases over four years, comprised the strengthening and improvement of some 2 kilometres of existing flood defences and now complete provides flood protection to over 2,600 properties.
Gainsborough has been shortlisted and won a number of regional and national awards throughout the industry and this latest award rightly recognises the achievements of the scheme.
In summary, Gainsborough has achieved the following recognition.
- Winner of the CECA Yorkshire and Humberside Contract of the Year 2009
- Winner Environment Agency Project Excellence Awards 2010
- Winner Birse Civils North MD Safety Awards 2010
- Highly Commended in the ICE Midlands Merit Awards 2010
- Winner of a Considerate Constructors Bronze Award 2010
- Highly Commended British Construction Industry Awards (BCIA) Small Civil Engineering Project Award 2010
- Finalist BCIA Prime Ministers Better Public Building Award
- Finalist BCIA Environmental Award 2010